Monday, August 13, 2018

8/13 'Svisus Cookie' the birdy

On Sunday evening, we took a family walk around the block. We haven't taken too many walks together, so the kids were confused. "Where are we going?" "Are we walking to the park?" "My legs hurt!" After much whining and answering the same question over and over again, we were finally on the last stretch. (I mean it was only around the block...)
Kaycee was running ahead when she stopped suddenly to admire a birdy on the sidewalk. As she got closer the birdy did not fly away. That's when we knew the something was wrong with the birdy. Anthony took the kids home while I made some phone calls, trying to find someone who could help the birdy. I left messages with Flint Creek Wildlife and 2 wildlife rehibilitors, but they never called back. It was Sunday night, so it wasn't surprising. So I scooted the birdy into a box, with a stick, and put the box on the porch swing in front of our house. 
This morning, the birdy was still in the box when we left for the swimming pool. However, when we got back, the birdy was on the ground chirping away. I watched the birdy hop all over the ground, but it couldn't fly. I spent the afternoon/evening calling different wildlife places trying to get someone to answer. I probably made 30 phone calls between the 2 days. Finally, I got a hold of someone at Willowbrook Wildlife who gave me the name of some bird ladies in the area! After dinner, our family took a trip to Ms. Mary's house where we dropped off "Svisus Cookie."
Kaycee cried the whole way home... "I'll never see Cookie again. I'll never see another baby bird, ever."
We pray Cookie makes a full recovery and flies off into a blissful life! 







No comments:

Post a Comment