Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Last Day Of School

It's the last day of school! Today we cleaned my classroom, and by cleaned I mean tore my room apart. Everything had to come down and be packed up. The kids were mostly helpful. After a couple of hours they got bored and wanted to play. We also had a final memorial service for Nehemiah, dedicating a tree and a bench to his memory. His family was there and really appreciated the gesture. My 5th graders finished off their Elementary school careers with a real lock down. I was in the back room closet feeding Kaycee at the time. I didn't even know we were in a lock down. (Apparently someone robbed the bank on the corner and ran towards the school. The lock down was precautionary, but necessary.) Then it was dismissal and goodbye students. I was out of there pretty quickly myself. 
I think I'll miss it come August/September. But for now I'm mostly excited to be home with my sweet Kaycee girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment