Saturday, July 12, 2014

Day 117 - A Saturday Off

Today started off with a bang... or not. At 4:30am ish, Kaycee woke up. Well that was just too early to eat again, so we tried to get her to go back to sleep without nursing. First we let her cry to 10 minutes, she was not even thinking about going back to sleep. Then Anthony went in, changed her diaper and tried to get her to calm down. She was not having that either. So I went in a at least got her to calm down. But then my bladder almost exploded, and I had to pass her to Anthony, which, of course, woke her up. Finally he got her to sleep and put her in her crib, to which she promptly started screaming again. I rolled her over and got her to quiet down again. After an hour of this cat and mouse game we gave up and nursed her back to sleep. 

After sleeping in till 9am we got up and saw Grammy off to her hair appointment, in the rain. While Anthony switched cars and I helped Grammy out the door, Kaycee sat patiently on the couch. 


Then Daddy dressed her in support of ISU, go Taylor!! And we were off to the rest of our day. We had a leisure morning of scrubbing out the tub before showering. Then sat around waiting for the plumber. He was late and I ran to Target and Joann Fabrics (Did you know that they don't have a single fabric that is plain gray and yellow. After a while I didn't even care what the pattern was, just something that was gray and yellow...) Then the plumber showed up and gave us grim news about the amount of work needed to fix the sink/tub drain issue. 

We were supposed to go to a Boomers Game (previously Schaumburg Flyers) but the plumber left too late and we couldn't make it there on time. So we went to JC Penny's to buy new swim wear, while Grammy was visiting Marty. We came home, at Chicken and Dumplings (that weren't even that great) and called it a night. 

We made a new friend tonight! Welcome to our friends Joanna!! 


Today's prayer is to enjoy every second with Kaycee. I found myself putting Kaycee in her play yard, swing or bumbo a lot in the last 2 weeks, while I tried to unpack. I want to enjoy every moment possible with her. Her childhood is going to flash before my eyes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment