Saturday, September 27, 2014

Days 193/194 - Women of Faith Conference

Kaycee and I spent Friday and Saturday at the Women of Faith Conference with Molly. Unfortunately, Susie wasn't able to go to the conference which provided an extra ticket for me to attend. Molly and I left Friday afternoon around 330p and thought we would arrive right on time.  Traffic and an hour time difference thought different... We missed most of Friday night session, but we did make it for Natalie Grant!! She was awesome!!  After the conference we drove to our hotel, which must have been on the hotel strip because after passing several Marriot hotels, we finally found ours. We went to park the car and almost had a heart attack when we discovered it was $36 for the overnight parking. Fortunately, we had Molly with us! She found us another lot at a State Park right across the street for $10 overnight parking, instead. After leaving our stuff at the front desk, parking in the lot, walking back through the dark, and checking into the hotel, we finally made it to our room. Unfortunately it was right across from the elevators, which we thought was a horrible option for Kaycee. So 2 rooms later, we were unpacked into our 12th floor room. Giddy with hunger and sleep deprivation, we finally went to bed.
Saturday we got up, got ready, and left the hotel. We dropped our stuff off at the car and walked to Panera for breakfast. The line was out the door, down the stairs and to the street. But we got our breakfast and walked to the conference.  The speakers Lysa Terkeurst, Lisa Harper, Priscilla Shirer, and Liz Curtis-Higgs were awesome. Kaycee and I had to step out during Matthew West because he was too loud. But overall the conference was wonderful. It was a great reminder that I'm a woman and I need God just as much as I did before. I needed to be reminded that I was a child of God and that he is able to do anything!! 













My prayer for this weekend is a prayer of thanksgiving for the gentle reminder from God and a prayer of strength to continue my walk with my Lord! 

No comments:

Post a Comment