Tuesday, August 30, 2016

Library Fun, Poop Painting

The kiddos had so much fun at the library today. They played in the children's play area, picked out new books (even some electronics) and read more books. They always enjoy the library! 
The real fun came as a surprise in the form of poop paint, after nap. The kids went to sleep right away (at least I thought they did because it was silent), so I had no reason to walk back towards the bedrooms till the end of nap. As I walked back to get Tripp I smelled an awful poop smell and knew it was coming from Kaycee's room. What I didn't know was the magnitude of the destruction. She had painted her crib and walls with her poop. Giant piles of poop and finger smears all over. She must have done it before she fell asleep because it was dried on her fingers and dried to the crib/wall. It took me an hour of scrubbing with a scrub brush and kitchen cleaner to get it cleaned. I waited until Daddy got home to get her up and put her in the bathtub, to make sure I had help when trying to clean it all up. 
To make this story better, we hosted small group tonight. So getting cleaned up and ready for everyone to be here was set back a little by the hour of poop clean up. Fortunately, small group went well without any problems! 





No comments:

Post a Comment