Wednesday, August 31, 2016

Hand Blisters and Special Mommy/Daddy Shows

Kaycee was reading to Trippy in her chair in her bedroom, when she started to cry. I came in and asked her what happened and she told me Trippy bit her. I asked where and she showed me on her foot. I pretended to kiss it and snuggle her and she admitted that she was fine. That's when I saw it... I asked her what was on her hand. She picked up the wrong hand, looking it all over, asking what I was talking about. On her right hand there is a HUGE blister on the outside of her pinky finger and a smaller blister on the outside of her pointer finger. I sent a picture to Susie who thought it was a burn. I knew it wasn't because Kaycee never burned herself. If she had burned herself bad enough to get a blister this bad, I would have known, there would have been some tears. So I called the doctor. He cut me off mid-sentence and told me he needed to see her. So I piled the kids into the car and took them straight to the doctors office. Dr. Charles took one look at it and told me it was a Staph Infection (which sounds worse than it is, it's just the most common form of skin infection). He gave us a prescription for meds and sent us on our way. Fortunately, she doesn't even know it's there. She doesn't feel it and it doesn't hurt or itch. 
We spent the rest of the day doing Kaycee things, crafts, playing outside, eating tasty treats. She even got to stay up late and watch "Momma and Daddy's Show" (America's Got Talent). 









No comments:

Post a Comment