Friday, May 16, 2014

Day 60 - Car Fire

Today was Miss Taylor's last day with Kaycee. We're very sad to see this week ending. We've really enjoyed having Taylor with us. She's been wonderful with Kaycee, so loving and caring! I'm not worried about Kaycee at all with Miss Taylor! They went on many adventures, including Chick-Fil-A today. 

After getting home from work and quickly packing everything into the car, Taylor and I left to take her home.  Kaycee started to scream about half way home and was very hungry. ( I hadn't fed her before we left because I truly believed she would sleep the whole time. Boy was I wrong!) So Taylor and I decided to switch places. She would drive and I would pump/feed Kaycee a bottle. As we're looking for an exit the GPS guides down the wrong road and we exit the highway onto the wrong street. So we switch spots and head back for the original high way, only to get stuck in bumper to bumper traffic. As we sit there and watch cars creep into the left lane, we get more and more frustrated about the time slipping by, until we read the sign above saying "Car Fire Right Lane Blocked." Of course, we're in the right lane, so we must move to the left... only the fire engines, ambulances and police cars are speeding down the left lane, causing all the cars to move towards the right. Finally, they get past and the cars start to slowly creep to the left again and past the burning car. The amount of black smoke billowing over the cars in front of us, was incredible. The damage to the car was incredible too. I was sitting in the back seat, feeding Kaycee, so I could take some pictures. Finally, we made it past the burning car and on to Taylor's house. 



My prayer for today is safety for our family and loved ones while on the road! 

No comments:

Post a Comment