Friday, April 17, 2015

Lesson Learned

I learned a major Mommy lesson today. Never put Kaycee down to nap with no pants on. She had a diaper on when I laid her down. She spent about 45 minutes talking to herself and generally having a good time. Not sleeping, but not crying either. Then out of the blue she started to cry and scream. I went and peeked in the secret peek hole (the hole where there should be a door handle) and saw a very ugly scene. There was poop everywhere. On Kaycee's face, arms, legs, tummy and in her hair. On the crib sheets, giraffie, crib slats and wall. On the diaper and liner which she was squishing around in her hands. Thankfully Anthony was going to be on his way home shortly. I immediately took her to the bathtub and took her shirt and socks off and ran her under the water. I left the water running because I wanted the poop to wash down the drain and not fill up in the tub, but that caused the hot water to run out quickly. So after letting her play for a few minutes, I realized the water was coming out cold and I needed to wash her with soap still. She was unhappy about her cold bath :( 
Then Anthony got home and I was able to give her over to him, fully washed and warming up in several towels. He took care of the rest, lotion and new clothes/diaper, while I got to clean up the poop. Little did I know that dried poop on the walls and crib slats is very hard to clean up. I really had to put some arm muscle into getting it off the wall. But I did and now it's sparkling clean. (I hope I didn't miss any bits and pieces)


No comments:

Post a Comment