Sunday, October 12, 2014

Day 209 - Broken Shelf

Earlier this week, the shelf in the laundry room, came tumbling down. Fortunately, nothing actually fell off of it. I was trying to rearrange in the laundry room to get all my cake supplies organized. I was standing on a step stool rearranging items on the top left shelf when it snapped and came crashing down. I thought all of that stuff was going to fall on my head. Fortunately, it did not. My mom came over the next day and helped me take all the stuff off the shelves. We discovered that the shelves wernt structurally sound to begin with. I of course called Dad and he agreed to come over this weekend to help fix it up. We've been walking around with all of that stuff on the floor for several days, and we're ready to have it all put back where it belongs (organized of course). 
So today after church Anthony and I came home right away and worked our little tales off to get the house back into company shape (I apparently had been slacking this week...). Then Mom, Dad and Jon came over to help with projects around the house, first and foremost the shelves in the laundry room. Fortunately, it was an easy quick fix. So we did lots of other projects: painting shelves for Kaycee's room, painting outlet covers, fixing bathroom cabinets and Grammy's chair and many more. Mom worked in the Den and then made fajitas for dinner. We were hoping to squeeze a game in, but it was too late after dinner. 
I really believe that this is how God intended family to be, helping each other with whatever we're capable with. I'm so thankful for my handyman father, willing brother and motivated mother! 


(after picture coming soon)

My prayer for today is a prayer of thanksgiving for family. I hope that Anthony and I will be this kind of family for Kaycee!

No comments:

Post a Comment