Friday, March 28, 2014

Day 12 - First Post Baby Date

Tonight, Anthony and I did something we vowed we would NEVER EVER do! We followed in Aunt M and Uncle R's footsteps... We went on our first "post baby" date.

Ok, so that isn't exactly what we vowed we would never ever do. We made a vow that we would never go on shopping date. We vowed we would never run errands or go shopping and call it a date... 

Tonight, we went to Target to buy a baby swing on our date. Kaycee has been alive for less than 2 weeks and we already broke our vow to never go on shopping date. Oh boy! 

We also went to Dairy Queen for dessert, something Anthony had been promising me for several days. That was supposed to be our date. But when we got ready to go, without our baby, we decided to take advantage of our time away from the house. Kaycee stayed home with Grandma and both Uncle J's. Plus it was my first time away from Kaycee, and I wanted to spend some quality time with Anthony. Needless to say, we spent a long time deciding on a swing and only ran in to grab our Blizzards to go. 

I still call it a success, even though we broke our vow. 

(Anthony and I at Target)

(Anthony and I grabbing our Blizzards to go)

(Grandma snuggling with a sleeping Kaycee)

My prayer for today is a prayer of praise for a good report from the doctor, a less fussy baby, and 4 fairly good nights of sleep! 

No comments:

Post a Comment