Monday, March 31, 2014

Day 15 - The Night From ...

Last night Kaycee had a HARD time falling asleep. I'm not really sure what was the problem. Of course, I couldn't figure it out. Why would I want to figure out what was upsetting my baby? What good would that do?

She was awake from 8:30p - 12:30a. She screamed for most of that time. I walked her, I rocked her, I bounced her, I snuggled her, I put her in the swing, I sang to her, I talked to her, I shhhed her, I swaddled her, I unswaddled her, I burped her, I put her on my lap, I put her on my chest, I put her over my leg, I did everything I could think of.

Finally, my dad came out to sit with me. Boy was that a relief. I didn't realize how frustrated I was with myself, until there was someone else there. I didn't realize I was losing it and I could have cried at any moment. It was such a blessing to have Grandpa take a turn rocking her and walking her and talking to her and trying all the tricks.

She finally fell asleep, and I as so afraid to move. What if she woke up? What if she screamed again? Could my heart take it? God knew that it probably could not, so he allowed her to sleep for 4 more hours, and let me recoup! Thank you God for your blessings!

My prayer for today is that Momma is able to find the ticket item that calms Kaycee quickly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment