Friday, December 19, 2014

Day 277 - Willow Creek Christmas Service

Today was a hard day for my back. I really wasn't feeling good at all. I was in so much pain that I had to call my mom to come help me out for the day. Which she did quickly! I'm so blessed to have such a generous mom! She helped Grammy make sugar cookies while I piddled around the house. She also stayed with Kaycee while I went to the Chiropractor for an adjustment, which helped a LOT! 
After my mom left, Anthony and I got ready for Willow Creek's Christmas Service. We went to the Carris' house for Chicken Tortilla Soup and Christmas presents, then to Willow Creek. The Carris' got Kaycee a stuffed giraffe with a really floppy neck and Anthony and I an electric griddle. I must have expressed my deep longing for one a time or two!
I was brave and put Kaycee in Promise Land at Willow Creek (the children's area). She lasted about half the service, before our number showed up on the screen. I went downstairs and found her screaming her head off. Poor baby girl was with total strangers. It was amazing though because there were so many volunteers helping her. I took her back into the service where I was told about the parents room. A room with large glass windows, tv screens with sound and an area for toddlers to play around. I was there for about a minute when 6 or 7 other families came in with loud children. I wasn't able to hear, so I left. Kaycee and I sat in the back of the balcony for the rest of service. Service was great as always. I'm so happy to be doing life with the Carris family!! 


Thank you God for the opportunity to be friends with the Carris family and to worship with them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment