Saturday, May 14, 2016

Birthday Cake, Zoe's Dance Recital, Dad's Birthday Dinner

I finished the cake this morning. I love how it came together. The only thing I would change would be the balloons. It would be awesome if they were round instead of flat and I think they would have been better if they were the same, I'll know for next time. The green fondant was marbled and the fondant grass turned out great. I couldn't have asked for a better cake! Julie came over and spent a while hanging out. Kaycee was very excited to have a new friend. I of course forgot to take a picture of her and Tripp. Next time, whenever that will be! I hope that we can continue to be friends! 
Afterwards, we met Susie, Emily and Olivia at ihop for a quick lunch before Zoe's dance recital. It was more laid back than Emily's which was a good change of pace. Zoe did great! Anthony and Kaycee worked on some cookies together, totally melted my heart to watch them baking together! She was so happy, Anthony had to keep reminding her to stop touching things and to not add any more brown sugar. These are going to be some really sweet cookies. 
We met Dad, Mom, Jamey, Emma, Tom and Becky at Pita Inn for Dad's Birthday dinner. It was tasty and a great opportunity to celebrate! The kids gave Papa some Hookeze (fishing equipment) for his birthday and Anthony and I chipped in on his new chain saw. I'm so thankful for my Dad and can't wait to see what the next year brings!










No comments:

Post a Comment