Sunday, May 29, 2016

Breakfast at church/Olive's Baptism/CiCi's

Today was a busy day. We started off with a large breakfast display during Young Adult class at church. I made a breakfast casserole with sausage and hash browns! Totally delicious, but I was super full afterwards. Then we ducked out of church a bit early to head to Olive's baptism. 
I have never been a part of a Catholic baptism and it was really neat. The whole process rings true with my heart about raising the children to love God and want to serve him. I'm happy to be a part of that journey for Olive's early life! We were invited to a party celebrating Olive's baptism at Lauren's parents house afterwards, which was very fun. I enjoyed meeting all of Lauren and Tony's family, and getting to know them a bit better. Several people encouraged me, telling me that they have only been hearing good things about me taking care of Olive. It's always a good feeling to be encouraged in what you're doing. I love being a part of this family, and I'm excited for our friendship with Lauren and Tony as well as Olive's future! 
After the party, the kids took short naps at Mema and Papa's house before we headed to Cici's for dinner. We met Emma and her mom there! It was great meeting Emma's mom! Kaycee and Tripp loved the noodles and loved playing in the mini arcade with Jamey and Emma even more! 









No comments:

Post a Comment