Sunday, November 13, 2016

Baking Show and Dance Party

After church, Mom and I went to the Baking and Sweets show at the Schaumburg Convention Center. Mom and Dad bought me tickets to the show and to a class for my birthday. I was super excited to go with my mom! We walked around all the booths. The cabinet cleaning booth caught our eye and we stopped for a demonstration on how well the stuff worked. It certainly sold itself because we each bought a bottle. We also stopped at a toffee booth, an organic fondant booth, several cake supply booths, the chocolate booth, the brownie brittle booth, a cutco booth, and more. Then we went to the ombre rosettes cake class, which was a demonstration by a local bakery owner. Even though I knew how to make this particular cake already, I really feel like I learned so much. There were about 10 people in the class, so we were able to ask a lot of questions, and get specific answers for our situations. I learned so much about what I was doing wrong when covering cakes with fondant and more. I am super excited to use my knowledge in my next cake order! 
When I got home, I started using the cabinet cleaner right away and it worked!! I am super excited that my stove, backsplash, cabinets and wall don't look disgusting any more! Anthony helped too and the kids had a dance party in the kitchen! 








No comments:

Post a Comment