Saturday, November 28, 2015

Dance Party/Moving Alaina/Play Set Setup Day 1

Kaycee doesn't know what's coming, but she can't tell that there is some excitement in the air. We're going to start working on putting up the play set today after we help Auntie Alaina move from her old apartment in Chicago to her new apartment closer to us! I am excited that she'll be closer and that we can hang out more often! 
We started off the the day with a dance party, then headed off to my parents house. Kaycee stayed with Mema while Jon, Dad, Anthony and I went to help Alaina move. She made killer pot roast sandwiches for lunch and it was quite eye opening to see what a studio apartment is. I had never been in a real studio apartment and it really is not much more than 1 single room. Sometimes I feel like I've lived under a rock. After helping her move and getting her sort of settled in her new place, we headed to our house to start the play set. Alaina, Rebecca and I stayed inside to sort parts and hardware. We put all the pieces in piles based on their step and then taped baggies full of hardware to each stack of pieces. Then when the guys were ready for the next step we would take out the whole pile, ready to go! The first steps took a while because it was creating the main structure of the fort and a lot of work and hardware! Everyone did a great job and was so helpful! I can't wait to watch the whole thing come together!! 





No comments:

Post a Comment