Sunday, November 15, 2015

Matching Mocs/Baking and Sweets Show

Today was such a great day! It started off with Kaycee and I wearing matching Moccasins (Christmas presents from my parents, from last year. Kaycee's were too big for her and I finally decided to let her wear them!) Then Molly and I went to America's Baking and Sweet's Show at the Schaumburg Convention Center. My parents gifted me tickets to the show and 2 classes for my birthday! The first class was the Business Symposium Part 1. Jay talked a lot about your worth as a cake decorator, finding and perfecting your brand and using box mixes to create your cakes. I wish I could have had some 1 on 1 time with him to discuss my business. I gleaned so much from his class.  Then Molly and I took the modeling chocolate figurines class. She was very knowledgeable and gave so many great reasons to use modeling chocolate instead of fondant. I can't wait to buy some chocolate and start making the figurines that she talked about! Afterwards, we walked around the show room. We stopped at a bunch of booths and even bought cake decorating supplies. It was crazy how cheap most of it was. We even got some free items from a booth that was starting to close down. Afterwards, Molly and I went to Chevy's for dinner. It was awesome!! 
Molly and I discussed me taking over the planning of VBS for next summer. I'm really excited to take on VBS. I hope that I can put my own spin on it and make it great! 







No comments:

Post a Comment