Monday, February 1, 2016

Baskets, Grammy's Home

I finished my last basket today. I'm super excited about how awesome they look in Tripp's room. They're perfect, I don't think I could have bought something as great! 

We brought Grammy home today. She has had no change since Thursday when she was taken to Hospice in the hospital. Mom and I met with staff at the hospital and talked over all the risks and benefits of taking her home. She always wanted to die at home and previously the hospital wasn't willing to transport her home. They are now, so we brought her home. I left the hospital to be at home when the equipment was delivered and to make room for her to come home. This afternoon the ambulance arrived and the paramedics brought her in on a stretcher. Unfortunately, they wouldn't be able to get the stretcher through the tight corner into the kitchen, so they had to transfer Grammy to a chair and wheel her through the house. Once they did that they were able to get her into her bed safely. I'm so happy to have her home. Later on the Hospice nurse came out and helped me rearrange Grammy and taught me all the things I would need to do to make her as comfortable as possible. She got all the medications ready and answered all my questions. I feel better knowing that I can make her as comfortable as possible, but a little nervous that I won't know when to give her the right medications. Because she can't tell me what's hurting her and I'm worried I won't recognize the symptoms. But I'll do my best! I'm just so happy to have her home where she wanted to be! 






No comments:

Post a Comment