Friday, February 19, 2016

Park with Mema, Ortho Appt, WI friends Dinner

This morning we went to the park with Mema. She came to babysit the kids while I go to my ortho appt (where they'll fix the wire that fell off, yes fell off. No it did not break, no I wasn't eating hard candy, I was eating a ravioli. It fell off...) But she was early so we went to the park for a while. Kaycee enjoyed it and I think Tripp did too, although he fell asleep in the swing. 
Tonight we drove up to Wisconsin to have dinner with our Wisconsin friends. It's always a bittersweet time with them. I love being with them and catching up, but it always reminds me how far away we really are. I wish we were closer and could keep up more often. Once a month or so will have to do! Kaycee fell asleep the last 5 minutes of our trip home, even though we left well past bedtime and she was extremely tired. She kept asking us questions and fake crying. Anthony and I were so frustrated with her. We tried everything in the book. Finally I turned around and tucked the blanket all around her and she fell asleep in less than 30 seconds. I wish I had done that when we left Wisconsin. 

Mom and Dad's power went out tonight, so they are spending the night at our house. Jon's sleeping on a mattress on the floor and Mom and Dad are sleeping on the pullout couch in the Living Room. I hope they don't hurt their backs, I can't imagine it's going to be very comfortable. 









No comments:

Post a Comment