Wednesday, February 3, 2016

We Love You Grammy

About 3:30am Tripp woke up and wouldn't go back to sleep. Anthony went into tend to him and after a while I went in to see if I could help. Finally, we brought the swing into his room and let him swing the rest of the night. Because I was awake already, I went into Grammy's room and rolled her to the other side, plus gave her some pain medication. I was able to adjust the monitor so I could see her face. By the time I left, she was peacefully sleeping. Later that morning when I woke up at 7am, I looked at the monitor and knew. Grammy had gone home to be with Jesus. I'm thankful that my children weren't awake yet and that gave me some time to make the necessary phone calls. I called hospice and they sent out a Chaplin to confirm, I called my dad to pick up my mom and I called Anthony. Anthony originally was not going to come home, but he did, which was exactly what I needed. Molly came over and took Kaycee out for donuts while we met with the Chaplin. DJ came and took Kaycee to the church building to play while the funeral director came and took the body. We spent the rest of the day talking with Brian at church, meeting with the funeral director and the funeral home and meeting with the pastor at Grammy's church to work out all the details of the funeral. It was a long tiring and exhausting day. Susie ordered us pizza for dinner, which was super helpful. The whole day was a blur, I'm so sad. 


No comments:

Post a Comment