Saturday, February 6, 2016

Funeral Day

Today was hard. I gave a Eulogy during the services that I cried through. Jamey played a violin piece that was beautiful. A big thank you to Alaina for keeping my kids in the nursery during the service and for all our friends and family that came out to support us. It was hard to explain to Kaycee what was going on. She did get a chance to say goodbye before the service started where she asked me why Grammy was sleeping and if she could hold her hand. Then during the part where they put her casket in the Mausoleum wall, she was completely confused. I don't think she understands all that's going on, and frankly I don't really either. I just miss Grammy. 

Here's my Eulogy. 
Dear Grammy,

I miss you.

I miss your smile, the way it always made me smile too. You were always happy. I don’t remember any time where you were upset with me. You never complained about what I cooked or what I brought you to wear. You never said 1 negative thing about the way I took care of you. You didn’t even get mad when Kaycee painted your room green. Not when she dumped paint on the floor and left green footprints leading to bathroom, or when she painted the chair you were sitting on, or even when she painted you. Instead you smiled.

I miss your love, the way it poured out to my children. Whenever Kaycee ran into your room, your face lit up. Kaycee loves you. She loved hugging you and playing with you. I often heard Kaycee yell “Momma, Grammy lap, Grammy lap,” when she couldn’t climb onto your lap herself. Or when Kaycee was learning to crawl and she was on all fours in your room; you cheered for her as she crawled towards her toy. Or every time I brought Tripp into your room, you would talk to him and coo at him to make him smile. You loved my babies.

I miss your quirky conversations and jokes that always made me laugh. I miss spending time in your room talking with you about what your life was like in the past. I miss looking through photo albums, with you explaining the details of the pictures. I miss eating dinner with you at the dining room table and watching Matlock with you in your room. I miss wheeling you in the wheelchair to the park to watch the kids play. I miss shopping with you for my birthdays and picking blackberries in your backyard. I miss Easter egg hunts in your house and Christmas dinners at your table. I just miss you.

Thank you Grammy for being my Grandma. I love you.
Jenny


Dear Jesus,

Please give Grammy a hug for me. I didn’t hug her enough or hold her hand enough when she was here. Please tell her that I love her and that I miss her. Please give her an extra something special in Heaven for being my grandma, she deserves it. Please take care of her for me; feed her chocolate, she likes York Peppermint Patties the best. Please tell her I’ll see her in again, one day. But if I need to talk to her before that, will you pass along the message? I’m sure she’s happy with you Jesus, I just miss her.

Jenny






No comments:

Post a Comment