Sunday, March 27, 2016

Easter

Kaycee and Tripp opened their Easter presents from us this morning before even getting dressed for church. Kaycee got a bunch of random Easter goodies like a beautiful hat, sunglasses, slipper animals and princess figures. Tripp got a music playing teether and some sunglasses. Then we packed a million bags and headed to church. Kaycee looked totally cute in her yellow dress and Tripp in his purple shirt and vest. I love Easter outfits, they're totally my favorite! After church Kaycee and Tripp both got to participate in the egg hunt at church. The kids all line up at the edge of the grass and then get let loose to run through the yard picking up eggs. We had Marty, Mema and Anthony stand on the other side of the grass and we picked Kaycee and Tripp up to run to the other side and collect eggs. At least they wern't trampled by parents chasing other 2 and 3 year olds! Kaycee got too excited about the candy inside the egg and forgot to pick up more eggs. Tripp just enjoyed sitting on the ground with 1 egg. Then we ate an Easter lunch, colored pictures, decorated cookies and fellowshipped. The guys stayed late to help clean up while I took the kids to Mema/Papa's house for naps. We cooked our Easter dinner and sat down to eat around 4:30pm. Alaina joined us for dinner again, which makes me so happy! 
I love Easter. I love everything it stands for and all the reminders of Jesus. I love spending time with family and light colors and presents and eggs. This weekend made me so happy!

















No comments:

Post a Comment